Browse through our blog posts to find out what life is like at Hoe Grange Holidays along with some great ideas for days out in the Peak District.
Hoe Grange is the perfect place for a group holiday to celebrate in style, laugh loudly and create special memories to treasure!
Scroll down for our handy checklist to help you organise your stay.
Whether you're celebrating a big birthday or special occasion, organising a long overdue catch up with friends, or bringing together your family or a special interest group, nothing beats staying in the same place.
Large group self catering holiday accommodation is not always easy to find, but our little cluster of log cabins and glamping pods is ideal.
You can book several cabins or pods and add to your numbers. The advantage of booking separate cabins as opposed to one big house is that people can enjoy the festivities but still have their own space to retreat to when they need a little downtime! Particularly helpful for multi-generational holidays and family reunions.
Staying for a weekend beats a party that lasts just a few hours hands down. Spend the days walking and enjoying the Peak District countryside before relaxing round the firepit and revelling in each other’s company.
If you have the task of being head organiser we are here to help and have put together an easy checklist to help you arrange a successful and fun group holiday.
1. Select a date – not always as easy as it sounds! However you can quickly create a Doodle poll in minutes and send it to your group to choose the best date and how long you want to stay, maybe a short break or a full week?
2. Think about the dynamics of your group
This will help you decide which of our self-catering accommodation best suits your group:
Did you know that Hipley, Rainster and Daisybank cabins have flexible beds? Just let us know if you want the master bedrooms made up as Superkings or single beds and we'll have them ready for your arrival.
If you are in a multi-generational group we have travel cots and highchairs and a range of accessible equipment, such as shower chairs and rise and recline armchairs.
We welcome dogs so check out our map of dog-friendly places near to Hoe Grange.
There are plenty of fabulous riding routes to explorer when you bring your horse on holiday
If you love cycling you can hire our electric bikes, or there is a secure cycle shelter so you can bring your own bicycles.
3. Check availability of our log cabins and glamping pods online. You will quickly be able to see on the grid which accommodation is available on which dates. To find out prices simply select the start date of each cabin or pod on the availability grid and enter the number of nights you want to stay.
Note there is a 3 night minimum in our log cabins and 2 night minimum in the glamping pods.
4. Book your dates - you can book individual properties online but if you want to book several log cabins or pods it’s easier if we take your booking over the phone and create one group booking. We can also answer any questions you might have about our facilities.
5. Paying for your group holiday is easy. There is a 25% deposit with the final payment due 6 weeks before arrival. No need to stress about having to pay for the holiday and then chase everyone up to pay you back, which can be a nightmare! We can arrange the booking so that each member of your group pays us direct online by card. This means you can easily track who has paid what amount at any time.
6. Keep in touch - why not create a holiday Whats App group? It makes organising easier so you know what people want to do and you don't all bring along the same things! It helps build excitement; half the fun of a holiday is the anticipation!
7. Planning your stay – there's lots of ideas and information on our website about things to do, places to visit in our local area, and car free days out, but if you need extra help we have lived in the area all our lives so know all the hidden gems! We are here to help - here's a few more ideas to get you started
There is plenty of outside space so you can enjoy gathering on the decking, garden games, flying a kite up the fields, bracing walks along the trails, a glass of bubbly in the hot tub. Bring along your guitar to sing around the firepits or set up your telescope to take advantage of the dark skies.
You won't get bored with plenty of wonderful walks from the door! Find out some fascinating historical facts on our Hoe Grange Time Travellers Trail or stroll over the hills to dog-friendly pubs in Brassington and Parwich, or spot the beautiful butterflies at Hoe Grange Quarry.
8. Easy to add extras - make you holiday that little bit extra special by booking some of our popular onsite extras such as a pizza oven evening, electric bike hire, or off-road wheelchair hire so everyone can join in and explore the countryside together. You can add these to your booking at any point. Make life easy and order groceries from Sauced Here to be delivered ready for your arrival.
9. Treat yourselves - celebrate in style with some fresh flowers from Linda, a delicious cake from Hannah at Bake Ashbourne, a delivery of locally brewed beer from Aldwark Artisan Ales, a tasty takeaway from the Maazi at Matlock, a buffet banquet, or perhaps private chef Simon from The Rhubarb Kitchen to cook for you in your cabin.
There’s nothing better than food with friends. It's worth knowing that we can set up a second dining table in Pinder cabin so you can seat up to 12 guests. For our insurance purposes do let us know if you have a third party supplier organised.
10. There's so much to do! Learn how to map read or book a guided walk with Paul of My Guided Walks, discover how to capture fantastic landscape photographs with Guy Badham, or a whisky tour of White Peak Distillery Take a retro bike ride with Glory Days Bikes, or step back in time on The Great British Car Journey.
11. Magical moments - capture the fun times and share with us on Facebook or Instagram or better still make the memories last and organise a photographer to come along to take some group shots, or pet portraits.
12. What to bring? Our log cabins are very well equipped and have full size freezers and dishwashers. We supply large saucepans, plenty of crockery and cutlery, a range of cooking implements, serving dishes, ice buckets, a selection of games, OS maps. If you are unsure or need something specific just ask!
13. EV car charging -no need to stress if you any of you have an electric car. You won't have to waste time searching for EV charging stations in the area, you can just plug in and charge up for free on site during your stay. Here's our Top 10 tips for stress-free electric car travel.
14. Plenty of car parking space - as a group you may be arriving from different directions in several cars, but don't worry we have plenty of parking space! Whilst rural we are easy to find if you use a Sat Nav or What 3 words. ///crystal.daydream.guess
15. Ask us a question, anytime! If you are feeling overwhelmed by organising your group event we are just a phone call away. Whatever stage you are at, either considering Hoe Grange for your group holiday, about to book, or already have a group booking but want to talk through some of the finer details , you can either email or pick up the phone to speak to us in person.
We hope we have made life a little easier for you with our easy-to-follow checklist.
Being a group organiser can sometimes be stressful, but well worth the effort as quality time spent with close friends and loved ones is priceless. We appreciate your efforts and are here to help you book your group holiday with confidence.
We love it most when everyone has a great time, it makes it more fun for us as hosts too!
We stayed in Skylark, one of the two glamping pods available at Hoe Grange in February 2020.
Felicity & David welcomed us when we arrived to show us around... read more
We stayed in Rainster cabin for a long weekend 6 th to 9 th September. This was my 5 th visit to the amazing Hoe Grange. I had visited before... read more
Arrived and was shown to our pod, fantastic location and the pod was very good indeed plus we had home made bread and milk and tea and coffee. A... read more