Browse through our blog posts to find out what life is like at Hoe Grange Holidays along with some great ideas for days out in the Peak District.
Sunshine, blue skies and sparkling snow - the Peak District looks spectacular when covered in a delicate dusting of snow. This week Hoe Grange has been transformed into a winter wonderland.
There's s"no"w excuse for sitting inside by the fire. Why not wrap up warm, get your hat, gloves and scarf on and head out with the family for some festive fun? There's plenty of snow here in the Derbyshire hills, so here’s some fun ideas of things to do in the snow over the Christmas holidays.
10 Family fun things to do in the snow!
1. Build a snowman – find some twigs for arms and stones for eyes and a carrot for the nose, which the horses can then eat once the snowman has melted! A favourite with all ages.
2. Make snow angels – Caroline’s favourite – little bit chilly if you’re not properly wrapped up as snow gets up your sleeves, down your neck and fills your wellies!
3. Sledging and snowball fights - good old fashioned – Michael and Elliot's favourite.
4. Build an igloo – not as easy as you think – David’s sister’s favourite - Sheila even had a for sale sign sticking out the top, (her husband is an estate agent) but be warned you might get less than you bargained for!
5. Frolicking fun! It may be too slippy to go riding, but you can still exercise the horses by running with them in the snow - they love it!
8. S"no"w excuse not to BBQ - treat yourself to a fire pit experience - toast marshmallows and warm up with some delicious homemade mulled wine or a mug of hot chocolate - our Norwegian friends do it all the time!
9. Roll in the snow! Be brave - take a roll in the snow after a dip in our authentic Swedish hot tub, brrrr... extremely exhilarating I believe!
10.Get the snowplough out to clear the drive for guests - David’s favourite - you know what men are like with their machines!
Happy New Year to everyone
We love this place. Very wheelchair friendly, really well equipped and comfortable, with easy access by car to lots of places of interest particularly Crich Tramway Village, Chatsworth, Bakewell and... read more
We stayed in the Skylark pod last October (2018) and had a lovely time. There was homemade, rustic goods (bread, biscuits etc) when we arrived. Felicity and David who run... read more
Loved every minute of our stay, and so did the family and friends that came to stay. Excellent facilities in our cosy Hipley log cabin. By far the best... read more